|Tips for Inside
- Pack up as many photos, awards, trophies and personal items as possible.
- Organize closets, pantries, shelves, and garage spaces as if they were retail displays. Prospective buyers will open every cabinet and closet as they consider your home. Fold all clothes and hang like colors together. Remove out-of-season clothes to make the closets seem larger.
- Clean carpets professionally. If your carpets are buckled or worn consider replacing them with a neutral-shade carpet. Tile, grout and linoleum should also be in good, clean condition.
- Remove any furniture which blocks access or consumes a substantial portion of a room. You want your room to appear sizeable and easy to enter and exit.
- If you smoke, stop smoking in the house. Have all drapes and carpets cleaned.
- If you have friendly pets, keep them well groomed and clean any rug spots. Also keep litter boxes and yard waste cleaned frequently.
- Clean blinds and remove dusty build-up. Also take a broom to all baseboards and dust ceiling fans.
- Make the home feel as light and airy as possible. A well- lit home sells best.
- Organize pantry space and even your refrigerator.
- Clean the stove and oven. remove trash and keep dirty dishes out of the sink.
|Tips for Outside
- The garage shows best with either one car & a clean organized work area or two cars. It will not show well with clutter. Remove as many boxes, lawn implements bicycles and clutter as possible.
- Repair gutters, soffets, and siding. Clean gutters and downspouts and add turf if any washout has occurred.
- Paint any areas which are showing signs of wear or weather damage. Also replace any wood trim which is crumbling or damaged.
- Buy a new Welcome Mat for the front and side doors.
- Keep yard trimmed and watered. Put fresh flowers in flower beds and in pots around the house.
- Have a professional roofer fix any loose or damaged shingles.
- Clean up outside furniture and fixtures to create an inviting setting.
- Clean everything inside and out. Prospective buyers will want to see every inch of their future home including your attic, garage, and storage shed.